Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Reclaimed Wood" Headboard (Master Bedroom)




Hello everyone...How has
your week been? I sure hope it has been a lovely one. :) 


Well now...


A few weeks ago, my husband set up our new headboard that we made for my birthday present. Actually, he did most of the building while I played assistant, and then I stained it.









We followed the plans from Ana White for the queen sized Reclaimed Wood Headboard. I think it is supposed to be a knock-off of Pottery Barn's "Mason" Headboard, but with these plans you can create the look of reclaimed wood. (We used pine from Lowe's.) However, if you have salvaged wood available to you, that would make it even more special. :) The headboard plan was easy to follow, and the drawings were very well done. We highly recommend her website, and did I mention that all of her furniture plans are free, and she has them for just about everything you could want to build? I have a list as long about as my arm of things I'm dying to make...




(Headboard before it was stained. I used Cabot in "walnut".)




Making your own furniture is such a fantastic way to get the look you want for a tiny fraction of the cost.









He did such a good job on the headboard, and I love how it turned out!









 I mentioned previously that this was one of my favorite gifts he has ever given me, but it bears repeating.









He gave up two afternoons to make this headboard, and every time I look at it, it is a reminder that I am loved.








There really is something so very special about handmade gifts, don't you think? When someone takes the time and effort to make something with you in mind, it is extra sweet and personal.







It makes me want to handmake more of the things I give to others, too...







 I haven't shown a lot of our completed master bedroom, so I am showing some extra pictures of this side of the room...







Notice there are no wall decorations still...yet...


For some reason decorating this room is coming along s-l-o-w-l-y.









I am not sure whether or not to put anything above the headboard...


I may hang a couple bundles of dried flowers, such as lavender, and maybe even wheat or oats, over the headboard. Or maybe I will leave the plank wall empty...








What do you think?


I do know one thing for sure...we definitely need to make the matching footboard and sides to go along with the headboard now... ;)








Thank you so much for coming by, and I hope you have a wonderful Friday....  :)


 (I am linking this to the Wrap Up Party at   Tatertots and Jello, 
Overflowing with Creativity at It's Overflowing, Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors, the Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming, Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest, Creative Inspirations at Embracing Change, and Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse.)



Blessings,
Jenni



34 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Jenni- He did a wonderful job on that headboard. I just love it. I really kind of like the bare plank wall. I think it really showcases your headboard. Beautiful room- xo Diana

Lynne said...

Jenni,
I love it just as it is.
Your beautiful gift is now a gift for our eyes!
~Lynne
w/L.

Unknown said...

I agree with the other comments Jenni, love it just as it is...
Such a beautiful, peaceful room and your headboard becomes the real feature...what a lovely gift. Your very lucky! xx Kerry

Niki said...

It's beautiful! The room looks very peaceful. I want to sleep there.:)

Burlap Luxe said...

Jenni are you like crazy in love? I am like in awwwww! And I am not sure your walls need anything at all. The simple beauty has me spell bound, you have a room to love.

Come for a visit, I am doing a giveaway that you may love to join in on.

I love the floors in your bedroom, truly a room that evokes a quiet calm peacefully.

How is your sister doing? Blessings to you and your family.
Keep inspiring us, you do it so well.

Xox
Dore

Pamela R said...

Wow what a beautiful headboard and a stunning room!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Frugal Friday. I love your headboard; it's absolutely perfect!

Carolyn
{my simple messterpiece}

Unknown said...

SUPER CUTE! Crossing my fingers you'll share at my party! Saturdays at Seven!

XO, Aimee

Unknown said...

Your room is very pretty and the headboard is a lovely piece as well. I love mixing more rustic woods with white and you did it very well. Love the plank walls and the lovely white painted pieces too. Dreamy.

Darby Hawley said...

That headboard looks great! Your room looks so tranquil; love it!
Stopping by from the It's Overflowing Party :-)

Brandi said...

Beautiful, Jenni! Your room looks so quiet and peaceful. Such a great room to relax in.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Jenni it is drop dead beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy it...the whole room is stunning! x0

Shabby soul said...

Your bedroom is beautiful! I like that all-white with that warm wood touch! Lucky you, Your gift has been great!
Hugs
Silvia

Saby said...

Wow that is so awesome! I love the whole room - it just looks so peaceful and relaxing :).

Seawashed said...

It is so beautiful. He did a wonderful job! I adding more dark wood to my all white home too. I could see that headboard painted white too...or white with grey layers underneath.

Unknown said...

I'm so in love with this room! Featuring you today! XO, Aimee

Unknown said...

That turned out gorgeous, Jenni! LOVE your bedroom!

Wild Oak Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your Hubby is a winner! That headboard is just wonderful and it does look old..and I think that it looks really good without a footboard...great job!
Nancy
http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

Jenni,
your hubby did a great job on that headboard. I love the stain you picked.
What a wonderful master bedroom. Looks so peaceful. A nice place to rest.

My hubby made me a headboard many years ago for our anniversary. I just love it.

Stacey said...

Stunningly beautiful - I love this! Looks awesome in the all-white room and just fits perfectly! I would love if you stopped by my link party to link this up!
Stacey of Embracing Change
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

Sharlotte said...

I love your bedroom! The headboard is very special indeed...truly a gift from the heart! I'm checking out the plans myself!
Enjoy your day!
Sharlotte

Stacey said...

Just beautiful Jenni!
Thanks for coming by to share with us!
STacey of Embracing Change

Stacey said...

Featured you! Come and see!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Cassie Bustamante said...

beautiful! i saw this at embracing change and had to come see it! your room is SOOO pretty!!! i have a similar style headboard i just finished in the same way (have not yet posted yet though). love yours and love the room and off to check out more! :)

Resa said...

Oooo! So pretty! Love the headboard style and with all of the white it is both stunning and inviting. I'd love to have your bedroom :) - You've given me ideas for our room. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

reclaimed wood flooring said...

it seems a nice,,,,,,,,,..........thanks!

Unknown said...

Stunning. Absolutely love the minimalist layout and design. The aesthetics are so clean and basic making it such a beautiful room. I really like the headboard too, it gives it a more rural and natural look. If you are considering to re-do your floors.. I would certainly recommend deca design flooring - they've done a great job for me in the past and I know my friend is currently using them and said they are doing a fantastic job.

Thank you for sharing this

Regards,
Jeremy

It's only me said...

I tried downlonding this plans but am not able to. Can someone please help

abo-bder said...



شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الي الامارات-دبي

yanmaneee said...

kd 10
air jordan
coach outlet
nike air max 2017
hermes
supreme clothing
kobe 11
nike air max 90
off white x nike
russell westbrook shoes

abo-bder said...



شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
.
فنى تركيب
فني
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات

thaddiez said...

try this site high replica bags see this here best replica designer Recommended Site high end replica bags

neigh said...

click here for more info z3y42l6l43 gucci replica handbags replica bags hong kong click here to find out more a0s38z4r92 high quality replica bags replica bags in london check q1l62r9e47 replica louis vuitton bags replica bags wholesale in divisoria

techknowledge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.