Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Sunday, July 11, 2010

Raspberries {part one}

My kids just love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches {minus the peanut butter}.  So when we discovered sweet and tasty raspberries in my parents yard and I asked my boys if they would like to pick some to make homemade freezer jam their answer was an enthusiastic yes!  
We had a terrific time picking all the berries.  In fact, we've probably gone raspberry picking five or so times since then. 

I've wanted to learn how to make freezer jam for awhile now.  I decided to make freezer jam because it looked less complicated than canning to start off with {which I plan to learn how to do to in the coming weeks}.

I am happy to announce my first two batches of raspberry freezer jam turned out wonderfully, and the second batch, and hopefully the third batch turns out well today too!  I will be giving an tutorial in the coming days packed full with picture after picture of these tasty beauties.  If you've never made freezer jam you've gotta try and have no worries because its super easy {which was the best part for me}.



Until then, blessings



~Belle

2 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi! Congratulations on your new blog!! How fun! I will be keeping an eye on it. I am sure it will be a wonderful project!

XOXO
Jen

Robin Beck said...

I am looking forward to the seeing how you make freezer jam. I have never made it myself. I really want to can too. My mom used to when we were kids and I loved how everything looked and tasted.

Love the new blog!

Robin~♥